1. Carry in alcohol is permitted to those over 21 with a valid ID. Glass bottles are permitted but plastic and alluminum are preferred. No alcohol is sold at the Madison Regatta by any of our vendors.
2. Only service animals are permitted inside the Madison Regatta gated areas. Service animals must be clearly marked with a vest or some sort of reflective item identifying them as a service animal.
3. Children 10 and under are permitted for free into the general viewing area at all times and must be accompanied by an Parent or Guardian. VIP area is free for children 5 and under, children 6-12 require a child vip, and 13 and up need an Adult VIP Pass.
4. Be prepared, this is an outdoor event. In the general area you are expected to bring your own seating, shade, skin protection (sunscreen, long sleeves, hats, glasses, etc...) if necessary. Also, you can bring in your own food and refreshments to keep you going.
5. The schedule does change. Depending on weather conditions, river conditions, or circumstances beyond our control the schedule may change. Please listen to the PA and on the radio at FM 96.7 WORX for announcements on schedule changes. We will also try to update the Facebook page and website and other social media accounts with changes to the schedule.
6. There is more to the Madison Regatta than just the Regatta. The entire week host events throughout Madison. Events include a parade, local fire stations compete in a water ball fight, the Madison Courier Fire Cracker 10k, music in the park, a street dance, beauty pageant, and more.
7. If you are coming from out of town the best place to book a room for the race weekend is the Belterra Casino Resort. It is only a 30 minute drive to Madison and it is worth it. We also have several hotels locally that can be found on your preferred travel site. Also go to visitmadison.org for more travel information related to Madison.
8. No bicycles, skateboards, roller blades, roller skates, hover boars, mopeds, non authorized golf carts or mopeds are permitted inside the gates of regattas. Only wheel chairs, mobility scooters, or any other device used to help with a disability is permitted inside the gates.
9. The Madison Regatta is in Madison, Indiana not Madison, Wisconsin. It is between Louisville, Kentucky and Cincinnati,Ohio. Madison is not near the interstate. Please plan your route or use GPS. Major roads to Madison are State Highways 62, 56, 7, and 421.
10. Wristbands are valid everyday of the Madison Regatta. Every event inside the gates during the week of the Regatta thru Sunday requires a wristband. No Refunds No exceptions